[tor] Financial update: Good news everyone!

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Tue Aug 8 16:56:00 UTC 2017

Hey folks,

tl;dr Noisetor has more money that estimated. We should think about new
ways to put it to use.

Myself and John Shutt recently sat down to work through Noisetor's
financials to try and ascertain a more accurate picture of our current
balance.

We determined as of 07/28/17 that Noisetor's balance was approximately
$32,233.38. This breaks down as fallows.

Starting balance (as of 07/12/14):  $5,900.00
Check donations since that date  : $21,700.00
BTC donations since that date    : $26,465.20
PayPal income (net fees)         : $15,715.57

Server Costs:                    :-$34,058.35
Noisebridge 5% handing fee       : -$3,489.04
Total                            : $32,233.38

Our balance at this moment is closer to $30,570 having just paid our
most recent invoice with Quadranet.

This puts us in a much better position financially than I'd estimated (I
figured we were in the 20-25k range currently) and means that we can
talk about even more aggressive expansion in the short-term.

I'm hoping to automate / fix up some of the accounting tooling that we
have to keep these figures up to date going forward with John. I'll post
back to the list with any results to share.

cheers!