[tor] Exit 01 dropped out of consensus; appears down

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Wed Aug 2 18:56:30 UTC 2017

Same issue just happened again; it's fixed and exit01 is back online.

I'm working on migrating the exit01 configuration into the ansible
repository that deploys exit03, at which point I'll re-image the exit01
host and redeploy.

RE: monitoring I've provisioned a small VPS host @ monitor.noisetor.net
where I hope to deploy some monitoring tools which will alert us when
the relays go down. I'll also update the contact information for both
hosts such that the volunteer-run Tor Weather instance will notify us of
outages.

Will post to the list when I have code/repos to share :)

cheers,