[tor] Approaching ISPs

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Tue Jan 24 00:16:56 UTC 2017

It has been useful to be able to clearly say "the Noisetor machine is in
a different city, at a different ISP, on a different network and IP
block" than everything else the Noisebridge community uses.  The clear
distinction helps to differentiate Tor-exit-traffic from the rest of
Noisebridge traffic and services.

So I'm not sure that putting an exit node on Monkeybrains is a great
idea from that point of view, it means there's a more complicated
statement to make.

There are other non-exit roles that the Tor network could use help with,
for example directory authorities (but there are many other roles too,
I'm not specifying dirauth as the most appropriate one).  One of those
might be a better match for adding to the Monkeybrains network.

-andy