[tor] [tor-announce] Tor 0.2.9.9 is released

Patrick O'Doherty p at trickod.com
Sun Jan 29 19:51:00 UTC 2017

Update: exit-01 is back online.

I suspect that the issue here is the post-install hooks for the debian
package.

Specifically it appears that the hooks successfully stop the 4x tor
instances that we have, but only restarts a single instance with a
different configuration outside of the 4 that we have configured. This
one tor instance interferes with our custom /etc/init.d/tor script such
that it appears to no-op the "start" function, detecting the existing
tor process and doing nothing.

The solution is to kill the unwanted single tor instance created by the
hook, and then the /etc/init.d/tor script starts the 4 correctly
configured instances.

Another reminder to myself that migrating to ansible-relayor would make
this an easier upgrade process.

cheers,

Patrick O'Doherty: