[Unixcert] Could The New Air Traffic Control System Be Hacked?

Glen Jarvis glen at glenjarvis.com
Wed Aug 15 05:15:22 UTC 2012

This is VERY applicable to what we're learning in class....

Could The New Air Traffic Control System Be Hacked?

by Steve Henn

NPR - August 14, 2012

The Federal Aviation Administration is in the midst of a multibillion-dollar upgrade of the nation's air traffic control system. The new system is called the Next Generation Air Transportation System, or NextGen. It will be highly automated. It will rely on GPS instead of radar to locate planes, and it is designed to allow air traffic controllers and pilots to pack more planes, helicopters and eventually drones into our skies....

http://www.npr.org/blogs/alltechconsidered/2012/08/14/158758161/could-the-new-air-traffic-control-system-be-hacked?sc=17&f=1001

Glen