[Noisebridge WebDev] [Noisebridge-announce] Frontend Web Development, Monday 8pm: Menus and modals

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 06:13:07 UTC 2013

Hi Garrett,

This is a class for beginners getting into web development. I've already
taught a few classes on beginner JavaScript and have encouraged good coding
along the way, but I can only do so much for an introduction class. I have
covered HTML, and learning about how most people in the real world program
websites (by using jQuery and its plugins) is important - a newsgroup
search isn't going to help most beginners. Additionally, I think API
design, feature testing, and even an emphasis on coding style and
guidelines, are out of the scope of this class. Introducing these topics to
people just learning to code seems to me like it would be overwhelming to
most.

I wholeheartedly recommend that you avail yourself as a resource to teach
these important, but more advanced, topics. Start a class! The more who
contribute, the better.

Jeffrey