[Noisebridge WebDev] FWE: Ouch

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 05:32:57 UTC 2013

I would like to apologize profusely about the Frontend Web Development
livestream dying right as the class started. Believe me, I share your
frustration. Unfortunately, the way this thing works, the class was not
recorded locally, so unless anyone has a time machine laying around, those
who didn't attend in-person are out of luck.

>From now on, I'll keep a tab open with the Google+ event page so I can see
comments as people make 'em. Previously, I suggested using Twitter to
contact me, but it makes sense to use the same service I'm livestreaming
with.

This might be a pithy substitute, but I highly recommend going through this
interactive tutorial on starting up with Git:
http://try.github.com/

This Lifehacker article walks you through simple command line commands:
http://lifehacker.com/5633909/who-needs-a-mouse-learn-to-use-the-command-line-for-almost-anything

I didn't plan on having a lab on Thursday as I don't have an assignment
written. But if you'd like, your assignment is to fork this repository I
created in class and send a pull request:
https://github.com/JeffreyATW/frontend_example

If anyone in particular (Allen?) would like me to be present on Thursday to
walk them through the command line, do say so and I will be there.

Jeffrey