[Noisebridge WebDev] Lab: Front-end Web Development, Thursday 8pm

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 17:21:27 UTC 2014

On Monday, we worked on CSS3 features and hover states for the mockup we've
been working off of. We didn't finish putting the site together, but the
rest of it was mostly just margin and padding, which is admittedly boring
stuff.

Here's where we left off:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class6/lecture.zip

Here's the original HTML/CSS behind the mockup I made:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series4/class6/noiseco

Internet speed issues continued to plague me this week so I didn't even
attempt to livestream, but the recording from last time is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMeTFrR1rtA

Thursday's assignment is a good challenge: without changing any HTML, cause
a series of elements to appear a number of different ways, with only the
expected amount of CSS declarations as a hint:
http://jeffreyatw.com/static/frontend/series5/class6/assignment.html

The lab is a great opportunity to work on the assignment, any other
personal or group project, or ask questions about any aspect of web
development. You don't need to attend the lecture series to stop by.

It's in Turing (not the lecture classroom) on Thursday at 8pm. Hope to see
you there!
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development#Lab

Jeffrey