[Noisebridge WebDev] Front-end Web Development, Monday 8pm: back-end web development

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Sun May 31 05:46:47 UTC 2015

Monday's class is all about the seedy underbelly of web development: the
back-end!

I know we already have a Rails class here at Noisebridge (
http://www.railsschool.org/), but this one is tailored toward front-end
developers wanting to get a taste of how things come together. We'll talk
about PHP, then Express.js, then Rails.

During the recap period, we will set up your computers. But it's best to do
this before arriving if possible. Full instructions are available on the
bottom of the class page:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development

If you can't make it to the lecture, you can watch a live video stream of
the class. Join this Google+ Hangout event to be notified of when to hop on:
https://plus.google.com/events/cimiq8ekd927qp84gpe4e9cvuv4
This video stream will also be available to watch after the class is
complete.

--- The usual details follow ---

Learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript - and put them to good use! This weekly
lecture series, taught by Jeffrey Carl Faden, is aimed at complete
beginners who are interested in making websites, as well as seasoned
professionals looking to brush up on the latest and greatest.

Front-end web development is all about making code that runs in the browser
(versus code that runs on the server). There isn't a big focus on web
design (creating wireframes and mockups), but we do cover best practices
for turning these designs into beautiful code.

The class starts on Monday at 8pm, and goes until 10pm! Plan to arrive
EARLY, as the class has been filling up very fast. We will have a setup
period starting at 7:30pm.

This class does go in a series, but the series can last up to half a year.
Don't let it discourage you if you're starting from the middle - attend
recaps and labs and you should be able to catch up!

This class and the space in which it's taught are entirely free to attend.
Please bring a laptop. Read all of the details here:
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development

Jeffrey