[Noisebridge WebDev] Front-end Web Development, Monday 8pm: the basics

Jeffrey Carl Faden jeffreyatw at gmail.com
Fri Jul 8 02:48:58 UTC 2016

Commemorating its fifth year at Noisebridge, the 10th series of free
Front-end Web Development classes starts on July 11!

If you're looking to begin a career in web development, this class is for
you. Throughout the series, we'll cover:
- HTML
- JavaScript
- jQuery
- AngularJS
- React
- CSS basics
- CSS positioning, floats, and flexbox
- Working from mockups
- Web server frameworks
- and more!

Lectures go for up to two hours every Monday evening, and there is a lab on
Thursday evenings where anyone can come for help on class topics or their
own projects.

If you can't make it in person, tune in to watch a livestream here:
https://plus.google.com/events/cv3s3ogfmahpn5v6cad0glrk7kg
Videos from the previous series are available on my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/JeffreyATW
<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2FJeffreyATW&h=cAQFsQpvg&enc=AZPtsvY2PLfNpj0gD3q6-mkx7WYu5Ox9jkLcW6u8qCOSn5GQL0GEnK9Ks4YF4RZ2xNA&s=1>

For this first class, we'll cover the very basics:
- Explaining "front-end" vs. "back-end"
- Explaining web apps vs. web sites
- Discussing tools of the trade
- Describing the separation between structure, presentation, and behavior
- Writing a basic HTML page
- Styling the page with basic CSS
- Adding a small amount of JS
- Explaining the role of front-end development as a job and career

Please bring a laptop!

Sign up to hear about further classes via the following lists:
Noisebridge-announce email list:
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/noisebridgefwd/
Noisebridge on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com/noisebridge/

Hope to see you there! Tell your friends!
https://noisebridge.net/wiki/Front-end_Web_Development
<https://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fnoisebridge.net%2Fwiki%2FFront-end_Web_Development&h=RAQFIzkjf&enc=AZPOvLyLtKrYzOmko3ByD68sUUodxqGDY9AWXytLe7iNrUVO4DtFGpBUvzkuMcVxoLQ&s=1>

Jeffrey