[中文] reviving Mandarin Corner?

Alexander alxndr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 19:41:59 UTC 2010

大家好,anyone interested in reviving Mandarin Corner?

I studied Mandarin in college, but have since gotten pretty rusty on
speaking, reading, and writing. I think even casual study, done
regularly, would help quite a bit, and being part of a group helps
with the whole I-don't-feel-like-it-now thing.

Evenings on Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday are good for me. (It used
to be Tuesdays at 6, yeah?)

I don't have any great ideas on what to do, but I know of a good
flashcard-ish website that I use (admittedly too sparingly) to try to
jog my memory on character recognition and writing. If nothing else,
I'll show up to NB on Tuesdays and sit there on my laptop going
through characters, marveling at how much I've forgotten.

希望下星期见面,
--Alexander / 蒯乐
(irc:alxndr)

(The flashcard-ish website I mentioned is skritter.com. It's $11/mo or
$84/yr; if you want to sign up, I can give you a referral URL and
you'll get two weeks free and I won't get anything at all. If a bunch
of people like this, they have special deals for institutional uses;
we might be able to get a deal.)