[中文]Anyone want to revive this list for a limited run to talk about technology to learn Chinese.

Gregory Dillon gregorydillon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 23 06:08:38 UTC 2013

Good.  Glad to get some encouragement.    I had about 75 days in China, and
its hard.

But its my belief that the technology ought to change the way we ought to
learn Chinese.   Not just simple things like spaced repetition modules, but
where the hours should be  invested.   For example in English, long hand
writing in script  isn't important now, and spelling skills are different
with spell checking, and there has to be similar for Chinese.  Maybe  the
teaching model, hasn't fully caught up with new technology capabilities. An
interesting article that I saw today, says that Google Glass is developing
to  allow you to look at Chinese text, and see the English translation.

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 9:19 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for posting, Greg.
>
> Having just returned from China, and having learned almost no language
> skills this trip (after having forgotten any minimal past language skills I
> picked up from past trips), I would really like to get together with others
> who would like to learn some Chinese.  And talking about tools that can
> help will also be cool.
>
> Best,
> Mitch.
>
> ________________________________
> > Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 17:26:08 -0800
> > From: gregorydillon at gmail.com
> > To: zhongwen at lists.noisebridge.net
> > Subject: [中文] Anyone want to revive this list for a limited run to talk
> > about technology to learn Chinese.
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > It looks like this list has been idle for a while. I wish it was
> > happening, but lacking that, I advance the invitation to meet and talk
> > about technology to learn Chinese, and if it grows into reviving
> > Mandarin corner, even better.
> >

> > Some things I see
> > Website
> > Android and Iphone Apps