ZinesFromOuterSpace Homes Not Jails site /

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:28:57 UTC 2012

Tonight at the Homes Not Jails meeting* I committed to help overhaul the *HNJ
website <http://www.homesnotjailssf.org/wb/>*, which is....well, follow the
link & see for yourself. Suffice to say it could use some work. It hasn't
changed at all in the year I've been an active HNJ member. We have tons of
info we'd like to put up there, in answer to perennial questions asked by
newcomers. We'd like to put up notes from our meetings, which include
sporadic Thursday night member meetings & new Wednesday *HNJ zine meetings* as
well as the open Tuesday night meetings. Speaking of, we'd like to put the
zine itself up on the site for people to download & self-print, etc. The
easiest thing might be to start all over, since no one seems to have the
info for the existing site. I'm starting to learn enough code to take a
domain w/ a CMS like Wordpress & customize it a little, as I've been doing
lately w/ the ZiP site <http://zine.noisebridge.net>.  The Front-End Web
Development class is a goldmine of info for a beginner like me. So if no NB
hackers want to help, I'll go that route on my own, but if anyone has the
time & inclination to help mentor me on making a killer new site for HNJ --
now celebrating its 20th year as a San Francisco squatter collective! -- I
welcome it. Let's talk.

*Tony Longshanks*

*HNJ general meetings happen every Tuesday at 8pm -- which is why I never
attend the Tuesday Night General @ the Bridge -- @ the Housing Rights
Committee office, 417 S. Van Ness

**HNJ zine meeting tomorrow evening, Wednesday, Aug 8, 6pm @ the Homes Not
Jails office, basement of the San Francisco Tenants Union, 558 Capp Street.
Come if you want to help create the next HNJ zine!