ZinesFromOuterSpace $Zine printing

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 15:50:21 UTC 2012

Hey everyone

I'm forwarded the message below in the interest of transparency, as well as
the interest of securing enough money to print a pretty little bundle of
ZiP copies in time for our Grand Society Debut next Tuesday

To the newbies here: your first post to the list may be moderated; once
we've determined you are a benevolent human of the non-spamming persuasion,
Whimzy will wave his wand or make an incantation or some wizardly thing and
the restriction will vanish in a flash.

Hope y'all are excited & planning to attend My Noisy
Valentine.<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/02/07/18706878.php>
(Btw I still haven't figured out how to post that event on the Noisebridge
Google calendar? Says I have to be an admin)

TLongshanksLT

<<Forwarded message follows>>

Hi you guys (plus Gavin),

This is *Glamortramp* - related to Tony Longshanks LeTigre as Superman is
to Clark Kent - editor of ZiP <http://zine.noisebridge.net/>, the
Noisebridge-inspired "megazine" that is launching with a little
party<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/02/07/18706878.php>at the
Noiz next Tuesday. I'm writing because I believe all three of you
had at one point offered to contribute to the production costs of the zine,
and we're now finally near the point of printing (I def want to be printing
by this weekend). I haven't gotten  a finalized precise estimate yet - will
have it within 48 hours - but the printing cost per copy of ZiP will
probably be around $5. (It's 60 pages, including color covers & one
additional color spread.) Gavin, in his capacity as Treasurer of NoisePress
Unincorporated (the publishing house that produces ZiP), said $250 should
get us the bundle of copies we need to make next Tuesday's soiree a
stunning success. We have $50 already, and I may also post a request for
contributions to the general list after this. In the meantime, if you can
help at all, it would be so much appreciated. I can meet you at Noisebridge
any time, or Gavin gave permission to send donations to him via PayPal - *
gnnrok at gmail.com.
*
Please let me know if you do so, as I am hoping to begin test printing the
first pages very soon (in the next day or two).

Also, can anyone recommend a good printshop that would be a local,
alternative, hacker-friendly alternative to FedEx Kinko's et al.? Kinko's
is what I'm going with right now by default.

Yours etc
*
*

*--