ZinesFromOuterSpace Factsheet5

glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Fri Feb 10 10:32:00 UTC 2012

Anyone know what's up with it? It was THE zine-review zine for years,
and is/was based here in SF.
R. Seth Friedman also compiled a Zine Publisher's Resource Guide that I
would like a copy of, if they're still available (and reasonably current)
And reading the info below, I can't help thinking.....what if I could
help get F5 out of limbo and back in serviceable shape?
I think I'll send Seth an email.....

*Factsheet 5*
"Your perpetually surprising guide to the zine revolution"
**Currently in limbo**
Standard magazine format
Editor: ??
Published: 2-3 times a year
Last known issue: #64 July 1998
Next planned issue: ???
Sample issue $6 U.S.
Subscription: 6 issues $20 (US)
Deadline for zines for issue #65 is August 13,1998
Email: seth at factsheet5.com <mailto:seth at factsheet5.com>
Web: http://www.factsheet5.com
Mail: P.O. Box 170099, San Francisco, CA, USA 94117-0099
"Yes, this is our last issue. The workload and pressures have been just
way too demanding, and we've both decided to call it quits. The reasons
are numerous, way too many to list here. Christopher is burned out, and
after five years of publishing Factsheet Five, I've simply run out of
steam. Don't worry though, the magazine will almost certainly continue -
there's just too much momentum for a massive thing like Factsheet Five
for it to come to a screeching halt. I'm right now working out the
details and Factsheet Five will soon have a new publisher and a new
editor. Just keep watching your mailbox (or your favourite book store,
newsstand, or zine shop) and there'll be a new issue before you know it."
-Seth Friedman [publisher], from his final editorial in the latest issue
of Factsheet Five.
[This publication's existence is currently in limbo. Both the editor and
the publisher have stepped down, and there has been no word on whether
anyone else has stepped in.]

--
Glam.......or Tramp?