ZinesFromOuterSpace Printing in Progress!

glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Sun Feb 12 03:09:40 UTC 2012

Hey zinesters, just a quick update to say me and ZiP reporter-at-large /
co-editor "Froggytoad" are preparing to print the first test copy of
ZiP01 at Office Max! Because it's cheaper than Kinko's, and just as close.

My initial estimate of $5 print cost per copy more or less holds up. The
rate at Office Max is 9 cents per page B&W, 49 cents color.

ZiP01 is 30 letter sized pages (equaling 60 ZiP pages, since one ZiP
page is a letter sheet folded in half, folio style), 26 of which will be
printed in B&W, 4 in color (the covers plus 3 other colorful spreads).

That doesn't include the cost of paper (high quality gloss paper for the
covers). Add that plus tax and you're looking at between $5 and 6 per copy.

Now we know!

We'll have the test copy within the next couple hours. Then I'm going to
make any necessary changes to the layout in order to print a full batch
in time for Tuesday evening
<http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2012/02/07/18706878.php>.

6 to 8pm at Noisebridge......be there!

I'm already collecting content for ZiP02. There was a bunch of stuff
that didn't fit in this time. But man, I gotta take a break from
zine-making for at least a couple days after Tuesday......

gl at m aka Tony

--
Glam.......or Tramp?