ZinesFromOuterSpace 1984 / cover images / NB profile

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 00:53:08 UTC 2012

Zinesters,

I'm @ NB again (till 6pmish), just got back from Needles & Pens. I ook the
opportunity to pick Andrew's brain about printing options. (He's the
owner/curator I think.) He recommended 1984 in Oakland as a cheap, cool
alternative to Office Max & its ilk. "They specialize in zines," he added.
I may try em out. I'm working on two spinoffs / solo projects that I hope
to release / print in small batches before ZiP02 comes out: *Six Months on
the Street* vol.1, and *The Black Ice Holiday* (a story I wrote late last
year about the 2004 ice storm in Portland, OR when I lived there). I would
like to try using machine sewing to bind them. If anyone has experience
with that & could help me (using the Noisebridge sewing machines!) I would
be megagrateful. I love how professional and arty it looks when the spine
is sewn, not to mention it's so much more durable than plain old primitive
staples.

I've just uploaded cover images of my current solo zines in progress, plus
a bunch of past work - including all 5 issues of *Dreck*, the last megazine
I did when I lived in Portland. It was collaborative like ZiP.

View Images <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zfos/>

Reminder: if you haven't subscribed to the mailing
list<https://noisebridge.net/mailman/listinfo/zine>yet, please do!
(Let me know if I'm double-posting this to anyone.) And
send me your handle / name for print asap so I can create logins on
ZZW<http://zine.noisebridge.net/>
.

I've asked Katherine if she would consent to letting us interview / profile
her for ZiP02. She is considering it. I would write some questions (some of
them funny) and interview her in person at NB w/ a 3rd person to take
notes. Or someone else could conduct the interview. (Justin?) I also just
asked Erika who she would like to see interviewed. She suggested Zach and
Rachel. Anyone else is invited to take this on.

I'm going to try to have 2 things to send before I leave tonight:

1) A way for the group to collectively view and edit submissions as they
arrive for ZiP02 (I already have several things to post, including my
feature-ish essay on Oshan, who goes to trial on July 23rd and faces a
minimum 10 year prison sentence

2) Potential cover image(s) for ZiP02, in draft from

TTYS

TLongshanksLT

I know it's nice out........