ZinesFromOuterSpace ZiP01 Online

glamortramp glamortramp at riseup.net
Mon Feb 13 10:03:51 UTC 2012

Sorry I sent the last message incomplete

As I was saying, I was in a state where it was pretty much physically
impossible not to sleep, after being up much of the past 72 hours
working more or less nonstop on that layout. I woke up for a bit, but
I'm not going to come in to the Mission tonight. I'll be going back to
sleep soon. I need a good long block of it.

Thank God for Miloh. If not for him, I doubt this would ever have gotten
finished, and it certainly wouldn't have made it to Noisebridge tonight
on schedule.

Moving on - *Next step is to get ZiP01 up on the web site!* Miloh
suggested (and I agreed) that we should have it available on ZZW in
several different formats:

1) PDF ready-to-print (I gave Miloh 2 copies of it on disc earlier -
this is the file people can download (free) from the site if they want
to print copies themselves. It doesn't work as a reading copy.

2) Flash - Miloh knows how to do this

3) HTML - *I'm already working on this one*, so check w/ me before you
do any work on converting the PDF to HTML format. Let's not duplicate
effort. Miloh / Gavin / whoever else wants to help, pick one of the
previous two options.

Thinking ahead to ZiP02 (April 1st):

-Start thinking *cover art!* (I love designing the front cover - that's
probably my favorite part of the whole enterprise). In future I was
thinking we could open it up to various people or even Noisebridge in
general for people to design a ZiP cover.

-I  want to experiment with different formats / substrates / printing
methods, so *for ZiP02 I propose that we print on tabloid sheets (11x17)
in quarto style* (i.e. folded in quarters, rather than in letter sized
sheets folded in half as with ZiP01). I'd like to try a new style with
each issue for a while, until we arrive at one we feel is THE correct
format for ZiP. Switching it up continously like that is innovative & I
think it will keep the project from going stale.

I have a bunch of other ideas already for ZiP02 but we'll wait and
discuss them soon hopefully at an actual, physical meeting.

TTYS (after I sleep some more)

TLongshanksLT

PS *Office Max kicked Kinko's ass* in my ZiP01 print comparison - not
only cheaper but also waaay better quality image, paper, everything. I
printed 50 copies of ZiP01 today at Office Max (Geary & Arguello) and
they came to almost exactly $5.00 per coopy.

--
Glam.......or Tramp?