ZinesFromOuterSpace promo + depression = yuck

miloh miloh at froggytoad.net
Sat Feb 18 17:24:18 UTC 2012

my response below:

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 8:49 AM, Tony Longshanks LeTigre
<anthonyletigre at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yo
>
> Sending a little update to the zinelisters + a few other Noisebridge-related
> personnel who I hope won't mind (some people get super touchy about email --
> some people never even read them -- personally I don't ever get too bent out
> of shape over it -- I can't keep track)
>
> I'm feeling really discouraged right now. 5MoF @ Noisebridge the other night
> felt like a grim disillusionment for me. Lots of negative interactions and a
> general feeling I had that no one is friendly and I don't belong there any
> more. I went home ready to throw in the towel and be done with ZiP. If it
> does continue it's probably going to move away from being an explicitly
> Noisebridge-related project, although there will still be connections. I
> could go into all the reasons, but basically it just comes down to the
> post-project-completion depression and the feeling that an insane amount of
> work is going down the drain, and I can't do it again. I'm doing a solo zine
> now about my first squat. It should be simple & easy & cheap to print
> comparatively.

Well that's how I feel about noisebridge sometimes, a huge project
that I devote insane amounts of time just to watch ongoing swirling
crisis. We increment and persist.

I'm going to Oakland today for hackmeet2.2 and taking 15 copies of the zine.
https://hackmeet.org/wiki/hackmeet-22-server-security

This run of the zine cost a lot to produce, they should continue to be
sold for $7 to drawin in funds for future printing and issues.

-rma