ZinesFromOuterSpace web question

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 04:50:43 UTC 2012

Hey, I'm wrestling with the permalinks on
ZZZ,<http://zine.noisebridge.net/>trying to customize them to make
them systematic & sensible....I'm a n00b
in this area...can someone w/ web design and/or programming experience tell
me if I meet any of the criteria listed here

http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Permalinks
http://codex.wordpress.org/Introduction_to_Blogging#Pretty_Permalinks

I am working on a Macbook Pro running OS X. I'm using Wordpress 3.4 (the
latest version....and I really wish they would stop releasing a new version
every other frickin' week). ZZZ is hosted on Miloh's linode slice of the NB
server, as far as I know. (I'm really over my head about all that.) Let me
know if you need any more info.

I want to make all the ZiP pages have the URL stem
http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip
Seems simple, right? But I can't figure out how to make it work just yet. I
don't understand why it doesn't just let me choose the URLs I want in an
easy, no-bullshit way. And the category & base jibbajabba has me confused.

NOTE: If you're going to reply with "That's why you should use [insert name
of other CMS] instead of Wordpress," save your breath.....I've already
tried several, & I don't want to go back to square one at this point. I'm
gonna make it work w/ Wordpress, regardless of whatever flaws it may have.
It's easier for a greenhorn like me to use than Drupal, that I know from
experience at least.

Thx

If you're too busy to answer don't worry, I won't take it personally -
that's why I usually send these things to multiple people

T.