ZinesFromOuterSpace [Noisebridge-discuss] [not spam][exciting news] And now a self-important message from Sir Richard Branson.....

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Fri May 4 11:00:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 2:04 AM, Jonathan Foote <jtfoote at ieee.org> wrote:

> Splendid! You are to be commended sir.

Thanks....I was just moping about how people seem to prefer drama to ZiP,
so your reply was timely.

> I wished to read this on my [[VILE PROPRIETARY READING DEVICE]] so I
> took the liberty of glomming all the jpgs into a giant pdf hairball.

I have a PDF of the entire issue that I'm going to upload to the site! (As
soon as my path & Miloh's cross at Noisebridge & he's able to help me cede
it.) In fact, 2 PDFs: one that's reader friendly & one that's printer
friendly - so people can download & print copies themselves easily, at no
charge (from us, anyway).

Thanks for doing that, though. Incidentally, if anyone with the requisite
knowledge wants to help me optimize the
website<http://zine.noisebridge.net/>- make it searchable, make it
possible to click through from one page of
the zine to the next, make it a site people will flock to by the thousands
- I welcome that!

In fact, if anyone is interested in guest-editing ZiP03 (due date: July
1st) talk to me! I'm envisioning 4 issues of this thing right now (one
year's worth), then I may be moving back to Portland & handing the reins of
ZiP over to someone else -- if anyone will take them. Or maybe that's all
just a lie & I'll spend the rest of my life in San Francisco.

> There are some duplicated pages as wget found some multiple page
> versions, sorry 'bout that -- too lazy to right-click-download all the
> individual pages.

Yes, there are as many as 4 or 5 versions of some pages. That's another
"hairball" I've got to comb out. I want each page to have a unique,
systematically logical URL that never changes - hence the idea of
continuous pagination (in hexadecimal): there will never be more than one
of any given page number, no matter how long ZiP goes.

> Also I'm too lazy to upload it to github, but here in all its glory
> are the 13 lines of Python what did the job.

Is Python one of the Languages of Choice yet?

*~Longshanks~*
Chief Instigator
ZiP MegaZine <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zip/>