ZinesFromOuterSpace (no subject)

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Thu May 10 21:57:37 UTC 2012

*On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 8:16 AM, James Sundquist
<sundquistjames at gmail.com>wrote:
Tony, I've gone through six copies. I'm glad to sell more if you give me
some.  Dog Eared will give $3.5 each for two, but I didn't follow through
cause I found better offers.  50% of retail is the regular price they offer
to anyone so it'll be important to get costs down if this is the case.
Eric from Bird and Beckett said you can drop his name at Autumn Express
between 16th and 17th Mission to receive a discount on printing the zine
there.*

I can get you more on Tuesday, before that if I rustle up a few more
dollars.

Thanks for doing that!

I don't think they'll sell for more than $6 or $7. So let's say

Retail                 $7.00 ea
Cost                   $5.36*
50% of Retail     $3.50 (so maybe we shld take the offer from Dog Eared)

*That's the per copy cost of printing at Office Max whch is what I'm using
right now. Quantity discounts at OM start at 500 copies, which is still in
the future for ZiP I think. OM is cheaper than Kinko's, better quality,
better service too, from my experience. I like the one by Rainbow Coop in
SoMa. I'm going to try Staples next, & in the near future I want to try a
place in Oakland called 1984, which the owner of Needles & Pens recommended.

I'm going back to Needles & Pens to switch out any remaining copies of
ZiP01 for the new one, so there will be 5 copies of ZiP02 there, on sale
for $3..50/ea (they give 50% retail as well on consignment).

I'm talking w/ Gavin today about adding an "Easy Buy" option to the front
page <http://zine.noisebridge.net/> of the web site - right now we have
Donate and Submit but not Buy. In the meantime, anyone wishing to purchase
copies should just send a quick message to *zipzine at riseup.net*, or call
the noncorporate offices of ZiP MegaZine at *415 525-2403*.

MYLBFWZFA

(May Your Life Be Filled With Zines Forever After)

Tony

PS Ultra-revised (for the 45th time) version of the ZLang decryption key, &
(SPOILER ALERT) the plaintext of Whimzy's encrypted message from Zx003C, is
now up on ZZZ - here <http://zine.noisebridge.net/zlang/>.