ZinesFromOuterSpace October 1st is the date

Tony Longshanks LeTigre anthonyletigre at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 11:01:53 UTC 2012

[?] October 1st is the 3rd anniversary of Noisebridge @ 2169 Mission![?] It
seems eminently appropriate to release ZiP03 that day. We can do this! And
now I feel the familiar cold dread that always accompanies irrevocable
commitment....

Today I got a phone call from one Robert Eggplant from the Long Haul in
Berkeley, where the next issue of Slingshot <http://slingshot.tao.ca/> is
currently being sculpted down from a large mass of clay into something more
closely resembling a quarterly, independent, radical newspaper. They're
reviewing ZiP02 this issue. Cool! I believe it goes to the printer next
Friday, & should appear around the same time as ZiP03. Very cool! Mr.
Eggplant sounded respectful & appreciative, & his closing remark was
"congratulations on your zine, it looks really good." How 'bout that? I
remember slipping some paper dolls & random art clippings in the envelope,
along w/ a handwritten editor's letter & copy of the zine.

I've just discovered & downloaded the Pixel Bender toolkit
<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pixelbender.html>+
Droste<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1700080#>&
other effects for Mac (I don't think they were installed on here
before?)
I don't have time to mess around w/ 'em too much for ZiP03, but they
promise many hours of joy in the near future.

Anyone have the ability to print some zine pages—color, black & white, or
both? I personally can only afford to print a small batch of Z3s, & print
copies are just so like y'know....real, like you can touch 'em & stuff

Robot love & crab cakes,

Longshanks