ZinesFromOuterSpace art for screenprinting workshop

Yellow Sunglasses yellowsunglasses at riseup.net
Sat Jan 12 01:08:50 UTC 2013

Dear DIY screenprinting enthusiasts,

I am @ Noisebridge now working on making stencils from vector art to be
prepared for Sunday. Please, if you plan to attend, be aware that we will
have stencils ready to print some basic/popular designs such as the
following (not all of these are definite, they are possiblities):

1) the Noisebridge logo
(http://quilted.gaiahost.coop/images/projects/noisebridgelogo.500.png)

2) an alternate Noisebridge logo like this one
https://www.noisebridge.net/images/e/ef/1920x1200_wallpaper.png

3) digital map of the space as of Nov. 2012
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Noiz_spacemap2012.jpg
https://www.noisebridge.net/images/d/d8/Noiz_spacemap2012_bichrome.jpg

4) Be Excellent or Do-ocracy poster image (don't have link for this atm)

5) I'm going to do a ZiP zine logo like this one probably
http://zine.noisebridge.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/zzzlogo_orange.jpg

We also want everyone to be able to bring in their own design to print,
along with what they wish to print it on. (We will have some extra Tshirts
& other printable garments, hopefully, but please try to bring your own!)
Please prepare your art as a stencil in advance of the workshop because we
won't have time to make all the stencils in the 2-hour window of this
workshop! You should cut your stencil from either paper (on the
lasercutter or by hand) or vinyl (on a plotter or vinyl cutter) from a
vector file (.AI or .SVG is the extension for a vector file). Raster art
(.JPEG, .TIF, .PNG) can work, but is considered second-rate for logos &
suchlike.

I will be around Noisebridge quite a bit this weekend (I'm here now!)
helping prep for the workshop, & checking my messages, so if you need help
(for instance, converting your art to a vector file) or have questions,
don't hesitate.

TTYS

TONY aka yellowsunglasses
workshop coordinator

If anyone is receiving this who will not be attending the workshop &
doesn't want messages like this, LMK & I will of course stop mailing you.