[Digitalarchivists] MSSF Library

newmy51 at gmail.com newmy51 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 03:39:04 UTC 2015

Digital Archivists,

The MSSF library, which has been housed at the Randall Museum for much of
the society's history, is destined for a storage unit while the Randall
undergoes renovations, as we were not able to find an institution willing
to house the collection, either temporarily or permanently.  As the society
librarian, I consider this a personal failure.  I'm reaching out to this
list and a few other recipients to make a final call for help in finding
this excellent collection a home somewhere other than a shipping
container.  This will need to be a place where I and other volunteers can
access books for lending, scanning, general collection maintenance, etc.
It should ideally be inside San Francisco city limits, though we're open to
anything Bay Area at this point.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Yours in Spores,

-Danny

--
Danny Newman

*Founder*
Sociedad Micológica de Bolivia
www.kallampas.org

*Librarian*
Mycological Society of San Francisco
www.mssf.org

*Parataxonomist*
Desjardin Lab, Harry D. Thiers Herbarium
San Francisco State University
http://is.gd/Xp5Trj : http://is.gd/89lBCh