[Digitalarchivists] Fwd: meeting this week

newmy51 at gmail.com newmy51 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 08:25:41 UTC 2015

DAG,

The boxes arrived safe and sound.  I propose a regular Wednesday 7pm
meeting for next week to put as much of the new unit together as possible.
Daniel specified that some things would be missing/incomplete, hence the
100% discount.  Dany also might bring his automatic scanner in for show and
tell-ing and general tinkering.  Beers on me.

Who's in?

-Danny

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 1:00 PM, newmy51 at gmail.com <newmy51 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Only one box of four is marked as in transit.  I have signed up for text
> alerts notifying my of any updates in shipping status for all four boxes.
> I suggest you all do the same, so as to minimize the possibility of one or
> more of them sitting out on the street in the mission.  Whoever is closest
> to Noisebridge when a given box is out for delivery could be the one to go
> there and receive it.
>
> Enter in one of the tracking numbers on USPS' website and click the +
> symbol at the tip right of the resulting window.  Click Text or Email
> Updates, fill in the fields, confirm, then do the same for the remaining
> three boxes.  Doing them all at once doesn't work, as the site wants
> confirmation for at least one to start notifying about any additional
> parcels.
>
> Drop a line here when you've successfully signed up for alerts.  The fist
> box is set to arrive sometime Thursday, which I can probably be around
> for.  Not sure why they aren't all shipping together, but it could just be
> a system hiccup.
>
> Next week works for me for a meeting. Looking forward to seeing you guys,
> catching up, drinking frosty beverages, and getting some serious scanning
> time in.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Danny
> On Mar 11, 2015 11:47 AM, "John Shutt" <john.d.shutt at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> By the way, moved all the misc book scanning stuff to a dedicated locker
>> labeled Digital Archivists. Text me for the lock password.
>>
>> John
>> On Mar 11, 2015 9:49 AM, "John Shutt" <john.d.shutt at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Next week would be better for me, since I have some side project stuff
>>> I'd like to finish tonight. Did the new Reetz scanner arrive? Also, welcome
>>> back Danny!
>>>
>>> John
>>>
>>> Who wants to meet this week?

Danny Newman

*Founder*
Sociedad Micológica de Bolivia
www.kallampas.org

*Librarian*
Mycological Society of San Francisco
www.mssf.org

*Parataxonomist*
Desjardin Lab, Harry D. Thiers Herbarium
San Francisco State University
http://is.gd/Xp5Trj : http://is.gd/89lBCh