[Bio] pH probe confusion

Rolf rolfvw at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 23:08:29 UTC 2011

Hi there Bio people,

I just got this aquarium style pH probe.
When it arrived, it had a lot of dried stuff all over it, like some
kind of white powder.
Then I realized that this was the KCL electrolyte that was supposed to
stay in the little container that mounts on the end of the probe.
Most of the liquid drained out of this container during shipping, although
it doesn't appear that the membrane dried out.

I have no experience with these things...
Is the probe ruined?

Also, does anyone know the pH of vinegar?  (the only thing I could
think of for testing!)

-rolf