[Bio] Post-meeting thoughts and NIR probe

Otute Akiti oakiti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 06:08:36 UTC 2011

Hello All,

To follow up with the pH probe, I contacted Prof Goldcamp to inquire about
the probe they published the paper on.
He said they were able to use the probe with a standard pH meter without
modification - which leads me to conclude that the signal output from the
probe leads must be just as in a commercial probe. This remains to be seen.
The materials are on order and I should have a prototype hopefully by next
week.  What wasn't mentioned in the paper clearly is that a second reference
electrode is needed for the whole setup to work. They used a commercial one
- odd. I will try to build the reference electrode just like the main one
only with a different solution. That should work :)

Cheers,

-O.