[Noisebridge-board] initial members list and motion

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Mon Dec 1 21:33:28 UTC 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 02:06:50PM -0800, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> Sounds like you're using 'founding members' to mean, everyone who paid
> dues before the membership process was instituted, as opposed to the 5
> board members who are the initial Members of the Corporation.  Since we
> have not completed a formal membership process for anyone (there are 3
> in the works last I checked), the current roster == the founding members.

Yeah, I needed a term to mean "people who are paying dues but didn't go
through the process (because it didn't exist yet)".  "Founding members"
probably isn't right, "Pre-process members" perhaps.  Or "Initial
members".

> Thanks for getting on top of this Andy.

I still need the member list, and it turns out we also need to
incorporate the actual rules I think.  I can do that if someone can
point me at the text of the rules.

My first cut is at
http://hg.hexapodia.org/noisebridge-docs/raw-file/3be455f1e93b/200811-noisebridge-response-noise.pdf

Anyone can check out with
hg clone http://hg.hexapodia.org/noisebridge-docs

(I renamed the repo from "noisebridge-letters" to "-docs" because of the
change in usage, if you already have a checkout just edit
noisebridge-letters/.hg/hgrc to change the URL.)

After committing your changes locally send 'em to me using "hg bundle";
directions at
https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebot#Hacking_the_bot

-andy