[Noisebridge-board] Told agent to purchase insurance

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 13 06:53:40 UTC 2008

I've told Pauline Nagata, our agent at MIF insurance, to purchase the
general liability and the D&O insurance for us. The total cost will be
$2074  = $1384.00 for general + $690 for D&0, for one year.

To recap the coverage details:

* $1MM of general liability coverage.
* $15K of property damage coverage, $1K deductible, but theft excluded.
We can add theft later if we add a central station alarm system.
* $1MM of directors and officers insurance, $1K retention (like a
deductible). Employment practices are covered and their limit is shared
with the $1MM, not separate. I chose this option because we do not plan
to employ anyone.

I have also advised Pauline Nagata of our intention to have a board
member election in early 2009.

I'll send e-mail to board once I have details of paperwork and payment.

-David Molnar