[Noisebridge-board] Insurance update

David Molnar dmolnar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 20:02:07 UTC 2008

Pauline Nagata from MIF insurance has sent us two forms:

First form: a notice that our underwriter is not based in CA and is not
subject to some CA regulations.
Second form: do we want terrorism coverage for $100 extra? This covers acts
of terrorism that would otherwise be excluded under the policy, such as
"nuclear events."

Please take a quick look. I'll send the forms to her on Monday, then we can
get the general liability out of the way.

Pauline is also contacting the D&O underwriter.

-David Molnar

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pauline Nagata <paulinemif at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 11:08 AM
Subject: Re: directors and officers application
To: David Molnar <dmolnar at gmail.com>

Hi David:

thanks for the email -- sorry I was out of office yesterday -
Business package insurance:
I have attached two forms that need to be signed  and returned:  terrorism
form/ check accept  ($100. additional premium) or reject,   and the
"notice" (policy is written by non-admitted /surplus line company.
Please also advise the additional insured  (landlord) name/address
Will send a manual invoice once I receive the above and will make the
effective date sometime next week.

will "ask" company about the "change that you mentioned -- will advise
response --  if it make no difference in premmium than I will issue the D&O
effective the same date as the business package and will send invoice

thanks for giving our agency the opportunity to provide for your insurance

will be in touch (will be leaving today at 11:30 am).

have a good weekend


On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 5:44 PM, David Molnar <dmolnar at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Pauline,
> Hope you are doing well. I received the insurance quote for D&O dated 30
> October 2008.
> I have talked with my board and membership. We would like to proceed with
> the current quotes for General Liability and the D&O coverage. For the D&O
> coverage, we are interested in the $1MM limit, $1K retension, shared EPLI
> option (we do not plan to employ anyone).
> With respect to the general liability, we would like to purchase the
> coverage now. Please send the necessary forms and let me know where to send
> the cheque.
> With respect to theft, we are discussing whether to add a central station
> burglar alarm. If we do, then we want to add theft coverage at a later time.
> Also, we need to name our landlord as an additional insured and have a
> subrogation clause, as I think I stated in the application.
> We would also like to puchase the D&O now. We also have a new situation
> that may affect the D&O coverage: one of our board members has decided that
> his new job makes it impossible for him to devote the time required to serve
> on our board. We plan to therefore have an election to replace the board
> member in Q1 2009 and have an orderly transition. This is relevant to the
> application question
> about expected changes in personnel for D&O; this situation arose after the
> application.
> We ideally would like to proceed with purchasing the D&O coverage now,
> however.
> Please let me know if you have any questions, thanks again for your help in
> this process.
> -David Molnar

Pauline Nagata
MIF Insurance Agency
1375 Sutter St., #100
San Francisco, CA  94109
fax: 415-777-0258
License #0468253
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/board/attachments/20081114/0bfceeba/attachment.html>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: Noisebridge forms.PDF
Type: application/pdf
Size: 27724 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://www.noisebridge.net/pipermail/board/attachments/20081114/0bfceeba/attachment.pdf>

More information about the Board mailing list