[Noisebridge-board] Re: Making Decisions and then backing out after concensus has been reached (was Re: Ick)

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Wed Oct 1 19:47:29 UTC 2008

Noah Balmer wrote:
> Last night I said I was not comfortable with handing keys out to everyone
> before our paperwork was done.  I  tried to be heard over a cacophanous
> shouting match and was apparently unsuccessful.  I thought I'd been heard
> but I guess I wasn't.  The topic was shouted down and we moved on in spite
> of my objections.  I can't think of what else I should have done without
> just trying to yell louder.

I think that this is unfair. Did you specifically tell the secretary of
the meeting about your strong feelings? Did you confirm that your voice
of dissent had been heard? If it wasn't heard (as was clearly the case
with the board members), it seems unreasonable to blame this on the noise.

> Anyway, I stand with Rachel on this one.  As soon as Noisebridge exists and
> has it's name on the lease, go nuts with keys if you want.  Until then, no.

The legal risk doesn't change. You're on the board. It's the same issue,
just simply a single round of indirection later. The lease may infact
require N member signatures anyway.

Best,
Jake