[Noisebridge-board] FW: [Fwd: QUESTION Re: 4. Name and job description and qualifications of key personnel]

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 27 06:05:59 UTC 2008

Andy Isaacson wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 26, 2008 at 06:31:15PM -0700, Mitch Altman wrote:
>> Thanks, David.
>>
>> Can others please email me the hours they think go with their
>> position?  I'll compile and email to Carol.
>
> I suppose I should probably have a title of some kind beyond "board
> member", since I've spent a solid 30 hours or more per week at 83c
> through October.  (Not all of it working on Noisebridge stuff of course,
> but much of it.)  But man do I hate titles and the political games that
> go with them.

for our internal runnings, not sure we need titles. especially if you
don't want them. Just "Member" should work, plus things like "build team
coordinator guy" as appropriate. (Thanks again, by the way, for all your
hard work on that and other things so far!)

So far,the titles only matter for things like interacting with banks,
insurance companies, etc. There it matters when people ask for things
like "please have the Exec. Director and the Secretary sign this paper."
In those cases they are a necessary evil, but I don't think we have any
pressing need to do more of them.

-David Molnar