[Noisebridge-board] secretary transition plans

David Molnar dmolnar at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 16 00:20:44 UTC 2009

Rachel McConnell wrote:
> Speaking of the board member election, I've been kind of blocked on how
> we should decide between Shannon or Miloh, who are both excellent
> candidates.  I don't really want to have a vote... one possibility is to
> offer the director post to one and the secretary post to the other, if
> nobody has yet talked to Seth.  Another possibility is to simply have
> two new directors, as we're allowed to have up to 11.  We don't really
> need them but whatever.
>
> I kinda tend towards asking the membership to confirm them both as
> directors, and dealing with the secretary issue separately.  Anyone have
> any objections to this?

I agree with this. The qualifications for secretary are different than
for being a board member, and we really want someone who we know will do
a great job at handling boring paperwork. Whether they are a board
member or not is secondary.

I'd love to have both Shannon and Miloh on the board. The only concern I
have is that will leave us with an even number of directors, so we'd
have a problem in case of anything that came to a tied vote. Maybe
that's not a problem worth worrying about.

David Molnar