[Noisebridge-board] agent for service

Shannon Lee shannon at scatter.com
Fri Jul 31 17:47:46 UTC 2009

Do we have a PO Box?  I have a Mailboxes Etc box in San Francisco that I use
as a permanent address, and they forward my mail once per month to my actual
permanent address (wherever that may be).  I can also go fetch things out of
the box if I need to get something sooner, and it means that when I move I
just call the Mailboxes Etc. and have them change the forward.

--S

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 10:16 AM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> I was reviewing our incorporation documents today for unrelated reasons
> and was reminded that we have Rachel's old address on Cesar Chavez as
> our "initial agent for service of process".  AFAIK Rachel is moving to
> Oakland and will no longer be at that address.
>
> So, we need to file SI-100, Statement of Information (Domestic
> Nonprofit), with the Secretary of State.
>
> What new address do we want to use?  I think we can use the
> corporation's business address and any board member; I'd be happy to be
> the agent if necessary.  However both my home and the Noisebridge
> offices are likely to move in the next 2 months, so we'd just be filing
> a new one RSN.
>
> If a board member who's not planning to move in the next 6 months can do
> it, it'll save us some bother later.  (There's a $20 fee too but that's
> trivial.)
>
> -andy

Shannon Lee
(503) 539-3700