[Noisebridge-board] bank fraud on business accounts

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Nov 6 01:10:45 UTC 2009

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/securityfix/2009/11/business_e-banking_and_the_6-f.html?wprss=securityfix

The FDIC insures personal accounts up to $250k (iirc), but AIUI business
accounts are not covered.

We should probably take some precautions to ensure that we are not
vulnerable to large losses in the case of electronic compromise.

I'm not worried about targeted attacks -- we're hardly worth the effort
-- but I am worried that we have business accounts with multiple large
banking firms, so any trojans designed to scrape Wells Fargo passwords
will catch us.

-andy