[Noisebridge-board] Member on hiatus

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 7 20:32:27 UTC 2009

We do need to have a more systematic way of keeping track of Membership.

The way it's been heppening:  Rachel sends new member info to treasurer at noisebridge.net, and I have been keeping track of Members (along with who's paid up for each month) on an Excel spreadsheet.  Sometimes Rachel hasn't sent me info, 'cause I wrote it down already at a meeting.  The membership info I have is up to date and accurate, but the method I just described is error-prone, and we really do need something more formalized.

Rachel, if you could come up with a system that we could follow, that would be great.

A couple things to keep in mind is that the Treasurer needs to be up to date on Membership so that they know who needs to pay dues; and also the Treasurer is the one who knows if a Member has not responded to emails about Membership dues for 3 months or more (which means that the Member stops being a Member).

Mitch.