[Noisebridge-board] Noisebridge annual board meeting

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Mon Dec 6 19:45:08 UTC 2010

Andy Isaacson writes:

> The board can meet anytime it wants, if all board members are present.
>
> If not all board members can be present, then there's a notification
> mechanism requiring a published agenda a few days beforehand.  I'd have
> to look at our bylaws to remember the exact details.

My reading of the bylaws today is that the required annual board
meeting has to follow the required annual membership meeting.  (It's
true that the board can have meetings other than its annual meeting.)

If I remember correctly, the required annual membership meeting must
be announced ten days in advance if it includes agenda items that
the membership will make decisions about.  Otherwise, the board can
designate and announce it as the board prefers.

If my recollection and interpretation are right, the board could
announce that the general meeting tomorrow will be followed by the
annual membership meeting and then the annual board meeting.  The
annual membership meeting would have no binding agenda items to
be decided upon, and would be brief and mainly ceremonial.  Maybe
Jof could address the membership with a five-minute State of the
Noise address.

The bylaws do say that the default is to hold the board election
during the annual membership meeting but they also appear to say
that this is not required and that the election can be done at
another time by paper ballot, which seems to be what we did last
year.

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.