[Noisebridge-board] Fwd: [#599470390] Non-Profit account verification

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Feb 10 06:52:34 UTC 2010

Jeffrey Malone writes:

> Ironically, it'd been setup since November, but I only just got a page
> for it on noisebridge.net tonight -- and announced it at the meeting,
> only to get this email 45min later telling me they suspended the
> account.

It might not be a coincidence, because maybe a human review is triggered
when total receipts exceed some threshold ($500? $1000?) and Google
thinks it hasn't received the proper nonprofit paperwork.  What they
probably are most afraid of is someone setting up a fake "HAITI RELIEF
NOW" charity and using Google Checkout to collect cash for it and then
running away.  But they're probably willing to give people the benefit
of the amount up to small dollar amounts...

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.