[Noisebridge-board] Fwd: [#599470390] Non-Profit account verification

Seth David Schoen schoen at loyalty.org
Wed Feb 10 06:57:52 UTC 2010

Jeffrey Malone writes:

> Hey,
>
> So attached is an email I received from Google regarding the Google
> Checkout account I'd setup for Noisebridge.
> Ironically, it'd been setup since November, but I only just got a page
> for it on noisebridge.net tonight -- and announced it at the meeting,
> only to get this email 45min later telling me they suspended the
> account.
>
> I found this on the wiki:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Noisebridge-501c3-letter-p1.png
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/File:Noisebridge-501c3-letter-p2.png
>
> I believe this to be an "IRS Letter of Determination" -- however it
> has the wrong address.
>
> What do we need to do to correct this?

Their instructions about EIN say

 • If you change your address after you receive your EIN, you must use
   Form 8822, Change of Address, to notify the IRS of the new address.

Maybe if you file a form 8822 they would be willing to reissue the
determination letter?  Or maybe Google will accept the old one if
the 8822 is attached to it?

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8822.pdf

Part 2 is for a business with an EIN, like ours.

OK, now I'm going to stop sending messages in this thread. :-)

--
Seth David Schoen <schoen at loyalty.org> | Qué empresa fácil no pensar en
     http://www.loyalty.org/~schoen/   | un tigre, reflexioné.