[Noisebridge-board] cash donations & dues

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 08:23:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Oct 6, 2010 at 1:07 AM, Andy Isaacson <adi at hexapodia.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 05, 2010 at 08:10:24PM -0700, Rachel McConnell wrote:
> > Hi Kelly,
> >
> > Is there a Best and Easiest method for depositing cash donations from
> > members?  I've got $80 cash which I can deposit in WF bank directly, or
> > keep and do a bank transfer, or hand to you, or pretty much anything.
> > What will make your life easiest?  We could even have a system!
>
> A system would be nice.
>
> I'm always happy to deposit cash donations using my NB WF ATM card.
> Kelly, we should get you one of those.  My system is that I then send a
> message to treasurer@ stating the date and amount of the deposit, and
> including the list of who the donations are from (and an amount for
> each).  I'm happy to do something different if that would make
> treasurering easier.

I'm doing the same thing with cash deposits:  sending a corresponding mail
to treasurer (and cc'ing secretary, for a thank you reference)  with the
date and amount, and source.

I'd like to get a peek at the 'thank you' process for donations, see if it
needs any help, and snag/create some Noisebridge letterhead.  A letterhead
would help us to get auxiliary donations from markets and businesses that
have programs in place.  I  want to get on Rainbow Community Thrift's list,
see what program Rainbow grocery has for 501c3's (if any), and help Owen P.
get some Trader Joe's deal he was telling me about.

-R. Miloh Alexander