[Noisebridge-board] Noisebridge Blog! I wants it!

Andy Isaacson adi at hexapodia.org
Fri Aug 19 22:32:40 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 01:19:25PM -0700, Kelly wrote:
> This is all I could find on the wiki:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Planet_Noisebridge
>
> But I had a random conversation at noisebridge recently wherein
> someone insisted that I could get an account on... wordpress.. (mumble
> mumble) ...
>
> I don't have a blog that I can provide rss through right now and I'm
> not starting one just to blog for noisebridge but I have so much
> blogging to do! Like for instance all this awesome color development
> we've been doing in the noisebridge darkroom!
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/httf/6044540829/in/set-72157626582183579/
> We are such badasses! And the blog needs more pretty photos!

There are two separate things -- the planet, and the noisebridge blog.

planet is an aggregator of blogs by individuals and projects at
Noisebridge.  What you're describing is perfect for that!  Just set up a
wordpress blog and do your blogging there, and then send email to
rack at lists giving the RSS URL and we'll add you to the planet.  It's
super easy to set up a blog on wordpress.com and go from there.

blog.noisebridge.net is a blog *about* noisebridge, rather than focused
on any particular projects or whatever.  If you'd like to post there,
that's certainly doable -- rubin manages the accounts for it AFAIK --
but it might be more appropriate to have a standalone blog to link to
it.

If you want to have a fancy domain name like darkroom.noisebridge.net,
we can do that!  Just tell me what address to CNAME it to.  This costs a
few bucks a year on wordpress.com but may be free or cheaper on other
hosts.  (This also interoperates fine with the planet, so posts can show
up in both places.)

-andy