[Noisebridge-board] Investment committee

Christie Dudley longobord at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 00:40:03 UTC 2011

Having lurked here for years, I thought I'd finally weigh in on this...

The tradition at Noisebridge has always been that the board appoints who the
membership wants (as decided by consensus) in the positions of president,
secretary and treasurer. The first set of officers were chosen just because
they were the ones willing to do the job. When Mitch stepped down as
Treasurer, Jeffrey was decided because he was doing a lot of work in that
direction already.

I realize it's ironic for me to weigh in on this, having been the only
person to block consensus ever, and on exactly this issue, in choosing Mitch
for President. I think Jof did an excellent job and we got one more great
person really involved in the workings of the organization. It'd be fabulous
if such a thing could happen again, although I can't/won't block anything
any more, as my membership is on hiatus.

It would probably facilitate things for the members if "the board" (i.e. a
small group of people who are reasonable and care) came up with some good
candidates for the members to agree to. (and not try to bully the members
into accepting them...)

Christie
_______
"The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being
perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself."
--Anna Quindlen