[Noisebridge-board] Investment committee

Kelly hurtstotouchfire at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 02:01:38 UTC 2011

You mean this?

e. Investment Committee
This corporation shall have an investment committee comprised of not
less than three directors. The committee shall act with the care,
skill, prudence, and diligence under the circumstances then prevailing
that a prudent person acting in a like capacity and familiar with
these matters would use in the conduct of an enterprise of like
character and with like aims to accomplish the purposes of the
institution. Individual investments shall be considered as part of an
overall investment strategy. The committee shall consider present and
future financial requirements, expected total return, general economic
conditions, the appropriate level of risk, appropriate levels of
income, growth and long-term net appreciation, and the probable safety
of the funds. The committee may retain professional money managers,
and shall develop an investment policy that shall be reconsidered at
feast annually, in light of the changing needs of the corporation,
economic conditions, and any other factors that may affect the
corporation's tolerance of risk and need for income. The committee may
recommend the retention of property contributed by a donor (whether or
not it produces income), and a donor's request should be a factor in
making the determination of whether to sell a particular asset
contributed by a donor.

It's written in business-ese and doesn't have any clear parallels to
existing structures at Noisebridge.

-Kelly