[Noisebridge-board] legal question from a new hackerspace

Noah Balmer noahbalmer at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 06:40:29 UTC 2012

You can engage in these kinds of activities without problems, but there are
limitations on who can benefit and how and you should learn about those.
It's more complicated for board members and formal members of the
organization than it is for someone who's just using the space.  This book
is pretty popular:
http://www.nolo.com/products/how-to-form-a-nonprofit-corporation-in-california-NON.html
There are some good online resources too.  In SF there are places that do
free training in this kind of stuff (the Volunteer Center is one), I'd
assume LA has something similar.