[Noisebridge-congress] Apartment in Berlin: a proposal

Ka-Ping Yee noisebridge at zesty.ca
Mon Dec 14 09:10:25 UTC 2009

Hello folks,

Since time is running out, I'll make a proposal.

I'm arriving on December 25, and it sounds like there are at least 3
others arriving on December 26 who might be interested (Slim, Ben,
Christie).  I suggest booking this apartment from December 25 to 30:

     FRIEDRICHS 13
     http://www.only-apartments.com/en/berlin/6464/

Pluses:

   - A short walk (2000 ft) to the U-bahn station, which is five stops
     away on a straight line to Alexanderplatz.

   - Astera and friends in the same building.

   - Can hold up to 6.  (And no bunk beds.  Phew!)

Costs:

I propose that we all pay an equal amount per night, which would be:
   - With 6 people, 33 euros/person/night.
   - With 5 people, 39 euros/person/night.
   - With 4 people, 39 euros/person/night.

I realize this is about 5 euros more than if we only booked it from
December 26 to 30.  I'm basically asking if you're okay with this,
for the reasons that (a) I need somewhere to stay when I get there
and (b) I'm offering to handle the booking, deal with the owner, and
take on the risk of making the reservation.

What do you think?

If I see 3 yeses on this mailing list, I'll book it immediately for
four.  If after that point we have 1 or 2 more people who want to
join, we can change the reservation once without penalty.

-- Ping