[Noisebridge-congress] Congress Digest, Vol 3, Issue 10

Eli skyofindigo at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:55:14 UTC 2009

Heheheheheheh. Oh those European keyboards...

You should see the French ones! And the ones in Switzerland! Good grief.

At least by the time I made it to Italy and Amsterdam, the keyboards'
configurations were ... um ... warming onto me.

Welcome to Berlin, my dear.

As I told Audrey the other night, I don't think I'll make it to Berlin. I
still haven't managed to raise enough funds for my bills for this month,
never mind an airplane ticket (which is twice my bills for January) and
never mind the funds for survival once in Europe. I still haven't lost hope,
though.

I'd love to still be part of whatever discussion is going on re: Journey.

I hope you're well. I'm chinning up and keeping on, myself. Spending more
and more time fabricating things on my own, for Crucible, for Monkeylectric
and for whoever else will let me at their tools and materials. So much for
office work and a steady, dependable income. But at the end of each day I
get to be in a shop, I walk away with a huge grin on my face and a bounce in
my step.

Eli

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 1:38 AM, Aaron Muszalski <sfslim at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah!
>
> And thus our devious plan develops further! Well done!
>
> However, I am still very much in favor of packing people into both
> spaces, up to whatever each household consents on as being their upper
> limit for comfortable co-habitating, both for social reasons as well
> as some of the financial concerns that have been voiced.
>
> To that end, here's a link that Astera sent me to her wiki page, which
> includes a few people who wanted to share a space with her, but RSVP'd
> too late. Perhaps we could let them know that we now have more rooms
> available in the same building.
>
> Also, this wiki page is a great example of how we should approach this
> process next year!
>
> http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Hacker_Hostel_Berlin_2009/10
>

> Also also: I arrived in Berlin this morning on the night train from
> Wien, and am now tzping on an internet terminal at Westbanhof. WTF IS
> UP WITH  THIS ALMOST QWERTY BUT NOT KEYBOARD?!?!?
>
> "QWERTZ"?
>
> Who the hell ever heard of QWERTZ?
>
> GODAMMIT.
>
> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Matt Feigal <matt.feigal at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > After seeing 3 1/2 "yes" responses to my email, I grabbed the cheapest
> 45m2
> > room in that building, Friedrichs 3.  I see now the 'sardines'
> conversation
> > continues hot and heavy, hope I didn't act rashly.
> >
> > It'll relieve some pressure on Friedrichs 13, without (hopefully)
> diluting
> > your buying power too much.
> >
> > Friedrichs 3, Dec 27-30, 117 Euros / night
> > The "Main 3" (people who responded Yes to my mail) are
> > Aestetix
> > Meredith
> > Christoff
> >
> > Plus a request from Rubin for the floor, though others seem to be
> > "claiming"  him for Friedrichs 13 :).
> >
> > I like Ping's 'primary keyholders' guideline, I'll follow same with my
> three
> > main confirmed guests.  I'm happy to accept floor folks, however you
> > anarchic gang decide to arrange between the two spaces, or let this be
> the
> > 'comfort zone' for people who just want quiet space. I'll also accept
> > substitutions on my three confirmations, please notify me if you're
> swapping
> > out with one of the main 3.  (The only thing that I'd find not-nice is
> > dropping below 4 main guests, as it raises price for others)
> >
> > Recommend we reconfigure the Google Spreadsheet a bit to clarify the
> > bed-space / floor-space / which apartment question, since it's a long,
> hard
> > to track email chain right now.  I've added details to the "Apartment"
> Tab,
> > with just the minimum information needed.  Any objections? (Ping, you'll
> > want to fill in your details if you agree)

> [...]

"drink and dance and laugh and lie, love, the reeling midnight through, for
tomorrow we shall die." -- dorothy parker