[Noisebridge-congress] You must help clean up before you leave.

Henner Zeller h.zeller at acm.org
Sun Aug 16 12:32:45 UTC 2015

On 16 August 2015 at 05:14, Rubin Abdi <rubin at starset.net> wrote:

> Most folks are leaving tomorrow, some folks are staying later. In order
> for you to not fuck over the some folks group...
>
> 1. Remove all your shit from the main tent, do not expect others to throw
> things away for you.
> 2. Throw away your trash, don't expect others to throw things away for you.
> 3. Help pick up around the village.
> 4. If you leave crap here for others to have to deal with after you
> depart, you will piss off people. Don't do that.

Do _not_ leave the camp before you see all trash and things you brought in
cleaned out the NOPE tent. If there are empty bottles or trash or you can't
see the table because it is covered in filth and dust ... then you're _not_
ready yet.

If this means that you have to take the next train -- then you take the
next train.

The tent area is 'leave no trace' area. Get rid of _all_ MOOP. If you have
been to Burning Man, you know what that means. For the others: it means to
pick up every item that is not there before - bottle cups, cigarette butts,
tent stakes - any Matter Out Of Place.

After you packed your stuff: Go over your tent place and your neighbors
tent place. Leave no trace.

Don't leave the crap of 30 people cleaned up by 2 people - it would not be
excellent. If the people staying behind to clean up find stuff that is
yours or on our tent spot ... wouldn't it be terribly annoying if your RFID
token for Noisebridge would suddenly start to have trouble opening the
doors ?

Thanks,
  -h