[Noisebridge-congress] The great what thing should we use to chat during Congress thread

Rubin Abdi rubin at starset.net
Mon Nov 16 21:55:45 UTC 2015

Hey all.

So over this last Camp and Congress, we've  for the most part used Google
Hangouts to chat, mostly because of peer pressure form me and my uncanny
ability to cat herd while shitting and pissing all over myself. Some folks
have asked why I think using Hangouts is a good idea, and if it's possible
for us to use something else this coming year.

First off this is an anarchist cat herd and you are empowered to use
whatever communication method as you desire (though that doesn't mean
anyone else will be on it to chat with you).

Anyhow, if started this comparison chart (ironically in Google Drive/Docs)
to list out all the different chat options we could use and which suck the
less...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1b5v13AHXXQkC6EfvpL-u8vYmAFQWPlr-9ZjRNT1NGCY/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to add in other services. I think having a discussion with this
would be good and I'll feel less like a jerk when people ask me why we're
mostly using one specific chat service.

--
Rubin
rubin at starset.net