[CQ] noisebridge hamnet?

Josh Myer josh at joshisanerd.com
Fri Oct 30 03:59:23 UTC 2009

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Michael Shiloh <michaelshiloh1010 at gmail.com
> wrote:

> so awhile back i tried to create a dorkbot hamnet; that is, a ham net
> for anyone interested in dorkbotty-like things.
>
> kinda stumbled along for 5-6 weeks, sometimes just two of us, once as
> many as 6 or 7. we picked up a couple who happened to hear us.
>
> kinda fizzled out.
>
> wanna try something like that? i don't have a specific purpose in mind,
> other than just to extend my geekiness into the radio waves as well.

I'm totally behind this.  I know one or two others have offered to act as
control, which would be great.  I'd love for this happen, and to be an
opportunity for our group to show others the awesomeness of talking *over
radio waves*!

Yeah, it's lost some of its magic.  I blame the kids and their Wi-Fi.

That said, I still think it's pretty cool, and suspect a lot of people would
be keen on doing the hamcram after sitting in on a net or two.

It would be nice to have the control move around, so us newbies get some
experience acting as control.  I'd like to go third or fourth, so I've got a
chance to hear how it's done.

We also need a friendly repeater, if anyone has ins.  There were a few
mentioned on the last thread, but I don't know any of the operators there.
--
Josh Myer 650.248.3796
josh at joshisanerd.com